Monday, June 9, 2008

REVIEW: Wearing the Spider by Susan Schaab



I think this was the author's first attempt, so for that, I have to say she did a very good job. BUT, there were some things I couldn't overlook.

This book would've gotten an A+ rating from me, as I couldn't put the book down! But, I didn't like that, in a lot of instances, the characters' actions were a tad unbelievable. And, there were times where the author would change who was speaking, but didn't indicate the change with a new paragraph... so I got confused as to who was "speaking". A couple of times I had to stop, go back a couple of pages, and figure out where the change had happened in order to make more sense of what I'd read. :-?

Otherwise, though, the book kept me wondering. You kind of *know* whodunnit from the beginning, but the author did a good enough job of throwing suspicion on other characters to keep you guessing. And, the pace was pretty intense. ;o)

Here's the blurb about the book (from the first part of the inside front-cover):
"It starts with a simple, unwanted kiss and evolves into a labyrinthine traile of forgery & illusion, a hijacked identity, a corruption scandal involving a U.S. Senator accused of channeling illegal benefits to a shady South American firm, even kidnapping and murder."


I found this book here:
http://www.habitualreader.com/index.html

I'd still recommend this, despite the flaws. They were minimal enough. ;o)

Rated: B+

No comments: