Tuesday, August 5, 2008

REVIEW: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer



Yes, I gave in to the hype. And, I don't normally do that. In fact, I was NOT going to read this book (or the series) *because* it's been so hyped-up, and because I don't like reading about vampires. BUT, the ladies in my Raved Reads yahoo group convinced me that it's not so much about the vampires as it is about the love-story between Bella and Edward. So, I put the book on my Raved-About Reads Challenge list, and put a hold on the book at the library.

Then this past Sunday, at my husband's family reunion, I found out my niece has all 4 books in the series, and she offered to loan them to me. I said I'd borrow just book 1, because I figured it'd take me 2 weeks to read it.

Nope! Took me just ONE DAY!!! LOL. :P

Fantastic book, despite the vampire stuff! And, the gals were right... it IS more about the love story than it is about vampires! So, I'm hooked. I am now a 'fan' of the series, and I can't wait to read the other books ((in fact, I'm going over to my niece's house tonight to return book 1, and to get books 2 and 3)). LOL. :P

Go figure.

Recommended.

Rated: A-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the series, too -- and I was also hesitant to begin them because so many people were talking about them! Though the Twilight series catches some flack in the book community because they're not the best writing in the world, they're entertaining and fun -- and sometimes that's enough for me!