Thursday, July 31, 2008

REVIEW: The Gazebo by Emily Grayson


I found this book kind of by accident while searching for a different book on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. It sounded so good that I went to look and see if my library had it. They didn't, but they agreed to inter-library loan it for me. :)

The story revolves around Martin Rayfiel and Claire Swift. They meet in a gazebo in the centre of their hometown in 1952, and it's basically love at first sight. From that point on, they are practically inseparable.

Unfortunately, Martin comes from wealth, and Claire doesn't, so both of their families forbid them to continue seeing each other. Of course, that only pushes the two young lovers to want to be together more. So, they run off to Europe together, and make plans to marry.

But, life gets in the way before they can get married... and they end up separated for life. But, they promise to love each other always, and to meet each other on their anniversary at the Gazebo.

A sweet, sweet story that was so very well written... I couldn't believe it when I read in the back that this was the author's first book! She did an amazing job! She had me in tears by the end of the book! :-?

Highly recommended! This one was just put on my Top 10 list for this year. ;)

Rated: A+

No comments: